2022 RS Tera World Championships
Event Date : 30 July 2022 - 05 August 2022
RS Tera World Championships will be part of the extremely popular RS Games
Address : Osprey Quay Portland United Kingdom DT5 1SA
Website : https://www.wpnsa.org.uk/
Richmond, California – August 14-15
The RS Tera North Americans saw great racing across two fleets, the RS Tera Sport and the RS Tera PRO. More than twenty sailors travelled to Northern California for the two-day event. Sailors had the opportunity to partake in a clinic day on Friday with Tera Class President, Renee Corpuz-Lahne and Richmond Yacht Club Head Coach, Dan Brandt.
The event saw near perfect conditions with sunny skies and medium to light breeze. Eight races were sailed over the two days across both fleets. Tight racing led to close scores, with many sailors within only a few points of each other. In the Tera PRO class, two sailors from Peninsula Youth Sailing Foundation found themselves on the podium with Abel Toth finishing third and Justin Turcotte finishing second. Winning the event with an impressive eight, first place finishes was Akira Sophie Bratti, out of St. Francis Yacht Club.
In the Tera Sport, Leon Blaine, from Peninsula Yacht Sailing Foundation finished third. The top of the podium featured two sailors from Dana West Yacht Club. Xyler Yee finished in second, and, with two bullets to finish the event, Wyatt Dalby came in first.
Congratulations to all the sailors that competed and thank you to all the volunteers and individuals that made this event possible.
- Story & photo courtesy RS Sailing! https://www.rssailing.com/the-rs-tera-north-american-championship/
- 2021 SoCal RS Tera Championships (two dates)
June 12th at Santa Monica Windjammers YC
& July 17th at Dana West Yacht Club
- Elizabeth Hospice RS Tera Regatta
July 24th at Oceanside Yacht Club ( register)
- East Coast RS Tera Championships
University of New Hampshire Community S.C.
September 21-22, 2019 Dana Point, California, USA
Photos Courtesy Bronny Daniels joysailing.com
* The North American RS Tera Class Association is a part of the RS Sailing North America Class Association and by joining the Tera Class you are actually becoming a member in the RS Sailing North America Class Association. Your Association - The RS Tera North America Class Association - is run by volunteers coordinating everything Tera, from introducing young sailors to our sport through to managing and organizing racing events, training and teams. The RS Tera is a seaworthy, durable, strict one-design and a World Sailing International Class since 2007. If you’d like to be more involved, we would love to hear from you! – Renee Corpuz-Lahne, President
INTERNATIONAL CLASS ASSOCIATION
The RS Tera is a 21st century single-hander that looks cool and makes sailing easy. From entry level to international competition the RS Tera gets kids hooked on sailing. And that’s exactly what we want. It’s packed with features that make sailing safe and easy. It comes up dry from a capsize. It’s quick and simple to rig by youngsters. It’s tough. Two sail sizes mean small novices and experienced teenagers love the RS Tera equally, parents do too. Above all, at the beach with family – or on the World Circuit with international competitors – the emphasis is on fun afloat while building incredible sailing experiences. Perfect.